Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Settlement trinkets... (by KC):

brendan71 wrote:
Can someone please tell me if the RCI email we got re: extra week as a settlement for the RCI class action suit? Is it an 'extra' week or do we have to make a deposit to use as an exchange? I've called RCI twice and no one there has been able to give me an answer. The email states: "Your claim form for the RCI class action settlement has been processed and the claim option you selected can be redeemed at any time starting 11 July 2010".

The settlement trinkets offered by RCI certainly did not include any free weeks. There were about five options if I recall correctly, from which you could select ONE. The choices included a one year RCI membership extension, a $20 discount on ONE exchange fee, a cruise "discount voucher" and a few other non-memorable, low value items --- NONE of which would (or will) actually cost RCI anything "out of pocket" and none being worth more than about $20, maximum.

You could easily view all details of the settlement, including specific identification of ALL the individual "pick only one" trinkets offered by RCI, by conducting a search here on the RCI lawsuit. I believe that most of those threads and posts are found within the General Discussion forum.