Hacienda del Mar

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Hacienda del Mar (by Joyce C.):

Right here on this website, they will help you rent your timeshare. Craigs list, local papers, internet websites. All of these will help you rent your time share. I was just there the first week of August, and found many locals there. By speaking to them, I found many had rented. They took advantage of the Wed-Sat short week. I and one other couple were owners, and some were there through the exchange. The Bohio has added seating which is nice, but yes, it is poorly run. They could make a lot more money with experienced bartenders and servers, and by staying open later. Since the pool is the main attraction now, many people stayed in the pool until Midnight. In response to your comment that the Ritz won't let us use the facilities, I disagree. Looking at it in a business sense, the HDM will bring lots of money to their bars, spas, restaurants, and anything they have to offer. Whether it is the Ritz or any other Hotel chain, the HDM will be their lifeline. The area has built up a lot. Many more stores open for you to purchase things you may want or need. It is true HDM is not what it used to be and those of us who purchased with the thought that it would never change were really fooled. There is always strength in numbers. I do not think a class action suit would work, because none of the amenities lost from the Hotel were promised in the contract, however if a huge percentage of owners got a petition together or something of that nature and confronted Hyatt, perhaps we could gain something. The maintenance is remaining high because of the water and utilities. The HDM is attached to the Hotels water and sewer system. The electric is easy to change, the water is something totally different. Right now PR's government is in utter termoil. They have fired thousands of workers, these things are not going to get done easily or cheaply. If the Hotel that purchased does start to build up now, it would be good for everyone, even the PR people. Jobs are really scarce, and tourism may be their only salvation. It seems there are only a handful of us here on this website that have been speaking back and forth for a few years. If anyone has an idea of how to contact the majority, perhaps we can start something going.