Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Diamond Resorts enormously increases the cost of Maintenance/Reserves on their resorts. (by Ken F.):

I was with Sunterra and then our Maui timeshare was transferred to Diamond Resorts. Fortunately, we made the decision two years ago to trade that unit in when we listened to another presentation in Acapulco and purchased the Mayan Palace. We were glad to get rid of those maintenance fees. However, getting rid of the D.R. unit is STILL going on. They will not cooperate with the transfer company or the two notarized sets of paperwork we have turned in for their buyback program. They send certified letters to us asking for maint. fees, club fees, etc. I just ignore them. The only thing I can tell is they are hurting my credit score or rating but I don't care because I don't borrow to purchase things and I don't care about my credit score. It seems like the best way to take on D.Resorts would be thru a class action suit. It would take a team of high powered attorneys to take on D.R. but who has the time or resources for that? Good luck to everyone who is with D.R. You might do well to just stop paying maint. fees and forfeit the timeshare if it is too big a burden. Credit scores are not everything and the timeshare hassles are not worth passing down to children.