renting timeshares

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: renting timeshares (by R P.):

darlenew65 wrote:
i found someone to rent my timeshare to but now I dont know how to go about the exchange of money and names. What is the next step so that both parties are comfortable, secure, and safe in this transaction? Thanks

The next step should be a rental agreement by you stating the terms of the rental and signed by both parties (you can find a sample rental agreement by seaching forums). How you recieve the rental funds is up to you. Some owners require all the fee upfront with no refunds should there be a cancellation, some require 50% down and the rest 30 days before check-in. There should be a clear statement in the agreement concerning cancellations. It's really up to you how you word the agreement.

Of course, the safest way is using an escrow service holding all monies until the rental has taken place, however this can be costly at $200 and it takes several days before the owner gets the rental fee.