Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Getting rid of a timeshare you no longer want (by KC):

brendaa103 wrote:
i have 3 timesshares. my husband are getting too old and in bad health to use them as much.........

Edited part of message - Forum Moderator

With all due respect, you should NOT rely upon ANY upfront fee company on Planet Earth to EVER have your best interests at heart. You may very well be a trusting soul, but these lying, thieving parasites are quite simply NOT worthy of that trust. They are opportunists who attempt to take advantage of people desperate to part with their timeshare ownership(s). They have NO other goal and NO other intent than to take your "listing" money and disappear.

I would instead respectfully suggest offering your timeshares (...for free, if necessary) in the "bargain deals" section of RedWeek and /or on Timeshare Users Group (http://www.tug2.net).

Describe the weeks in detail (in the ads, not here in the forums) and use ONLY a reputable third party closing company to handle and complete all of the ownership change details. The closing costs will be approximately $300 per deed, so you should give some thought to whether you are willing to absorb that cost as the "seller", or whether you will require the "buyer" to pay those costs themselves. Even with a "free" timeshare, you STILL need to pay a closing company to follow through and make ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN that new deeds are properly prepared and duly recorded, thereby legally making you the FORMER owner forever thereafter.

Also, you should find out whether your resort(s) impose a "transfer fee" when an ownership changes. This fee can range from none at all (zero) to well over $200, depending on the resort. If the resort DOES charge a transfer fee to acknowledge an ownership change, then that too is simply an unavoidable cost and you should consider in advance who (buyer or seller?) will ultimately be responsible for that "transfer fee". Closing company charges NEVER include "resort transfer fees", so do NOT incorrectly presume that the transfer fee cost (if any) is included in a closing company's fees --- not so.

I hope some this info helps you. Good luck.