Board of Directors

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Board of Directors (by Robert M.):

Welcome to the club - The results are no surprise to me. You need to remember that DRI casts one vote for every timeshare the DRI owns plus one vote for every owner who has bought DRI points. When I pressed the issue, DRI sales people told me that owners forfeit their right to vote for each week they place in the DRI point system. Together these two sources provide DRI a huge block of voting rights. To add insult to injury, DRI refuses to provide us owners a copy of the Point at Poipu owners list. When owners have tried to assemble, uninvited DRI management personnel have used intimidation with cameras rolling. I know I've been there. Simply stated, it is an unfair voting system and realistically impossible to challenge DRI under the current conditions.

Aside from voting, read article 19 of the POA attached to your fee simple contract. It says the management company (DRI) may have ONE position on the Board, not two or three or more as they now have. I interpret the POA and DRI's response to it as a flagrant violation by DRI of all owners' contract agreements. State of Hawaii, Regulated Industries Complaints Office refused my request to take action, stating that this is a civil matter. Maybe the State Real Estate Board should be contacted for potential misrepresention of the product DRI is selling unspecting buyers. Unfortunately, I'm not a candidate, since I didn't buy my timeshare from DRI.