Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Exchange Program (by T M.):

Carlin27 is either ignorant or a "plant" from Marriott. Marriott is just extracting more cash from Marriott owners pockets with the Destinations Club Points program. And diluting the value and usability of ALL owner's weeks at the resort that they paid big $'s for. The DC (Destinations Club Points) will now take precedence over the Marriott owner making a reservation at the resort they purchased. Remember when you purchased your week you helped Marriott pay to build that resort. Now people can just purchase points and they can get a room at your resort. The DC points people can make a reservation 13 months prior. Some Marriott Owners making a reservation the "old" way will only be able to make a reservation 12 months ahead. (It was already very hard for me to get a week at my very desirable resort before the DC points program. Now it will be even harder.) If lots of DC points users want to stay at your resort - Marriott can give DC points users up to 50% of the rooms each week. I joined the DC points program without seeing the points booklet - You are not given the Points Value Booklet until after the presentation. I then found out that I get 6 nights in points for my 7 nights Marriott week. Also those wonderful 800 points you are given when you join - I tried to use them to add a couple of night onto a reservation week I have. Well, of course, no rooms were available - because everyone makes a Week reservation and 800 points during a desirable time will give you two days. Also did you hear last week Marriott split off the Marriott timeshare properties from the Marriott hotels? Marriott is keeping the Marriott hotel division. That means Marriott no longer wants the two connected. Next thing you know -the timeshare division of Marriott will be sold. Not good news for us. Any new buyer will want more cash so all fees will rise. What does this mean for the timeshare owners - it means Marriott is going to take the BIG profit it made from selling the timeshare weeks to all us owners and run. Marriott will sell off the timeshare properties to a company who is just going manage them. That new company will want to make some money also - so fees will go UP. I know what I will do - stop staying at Marriott Hotels.