Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Very simple answer... (by KC):

angelab357 wrote:
Can anyone tell me why you can not pay via credit card? Is this typical? I have never taken a vacation and had anyone tell me I have to pay "cash" for a travel expense.

On a side note, the owner we are dealing with is very good. Certainly no complaints there.

First American Title is a reputable company; there is no "scam" here.

You are obviously using an escrow service for a rental. Don't shoot the messenger, but because a renter could just later "dispute" a credit card charge, final payment by that method is not an actual or substantive guarantee of funds. THAT is the one and only reson why First American Title (and every other escrow service on Planet Earth, by the way) will NOT accept a credit card payment to conclude a rental. You may not have liked the delivery of the message, but it is indeed "just their policy". However, it is also the policy of every other escrow service dealing with rentals as well.

NO ONE wants to deal with even the POSSIBILITY of a renter occupying a week, and then calling their credit card company at the END of the occupancy to dispute the charge. Disallowing credit card use for final rental payment eliminates that possibility entirely.