To MS Schreier

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: To MS Schreier (by R P.):

tsauthor wrote:
2) SMTN.com offers both an UPFRONT FEE and a FSBO option.

3) I have written about upfront fees in the past and maintain that there is NOTHING free. Every resale solution carries a fee. It is up to the consumer to determine how much they will get for the fee in question. It may be a $5.00 advertising fee to list it in the newspaper and it may be a 15% to fee to list it with a broker.

Herein lies the problem, any resale company that charges UPFRPONT FEES IN THE HUNDREDS/THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS (including SMTN) to list a timeshare is no better than the postcard companies, which you and Mr. Tremblay publicly condemn ..... I still stand behind my former statements concerning such.

You say, "every resale carries a fee". I assume you are referring to timeshare listing sites such as Redweek and others that charge a very minimal fee for owner listings, but they don't charge an upfront fee in the hundreds/thousands, big difference.

The fact that you defend any resale company that charges in the hundreds/thousands of dollars in upfront fees tells me you don't stand by your OWN convictions/principles.

BTW, every resale does not carry a fee .... Craig's List is just one such entity.

You say that you aren't going to argue with me on a public forum concerning SMTN .... me, and other regulars here, post on Redweek and TUG (Timeshare Users Group, which also condemns such companies as SMTN) to try to help timeshare owners on all scams out there.

We'll just have to agree to disagree, however Redweek members should be educated on such and to try to squelch that information is reprehensible .... Redweek members should be able to make up their own minds about releasing that kind of money to ANY upfront fee resale entity, including SMTN.