Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Getting rid of a time share. (by KC):

richardv131 wrote:
Has anyone heard of "true transfers"? we recently had an unsolicited call from them they sound like one of those companies that will take your timeshare for a fee, the only thing that sounded different is that they charge three of my current maintenance fees but only AFTER transfer is completed, my timeshare is in Mexico and since I live here 6-8 months of the year, owning it and paying maintenance fees doesn't make any sense... But I also have been burned by the upfront fee scam! Any advice will be greatly appreciated

Your instincts are probably already telling you (and likely correctly) that this is likely just another unknown PostCard Company or scammer, which will charge you thousands of dollars to MAYBE "take your timeshare off your hands".

If your timeshare is in Mexico, then presumably you don't actually "own" it in the first place; far more likely is that you have a right to use (RTU) "membership" of some sort, with a specifically identified contract expiration date.

There might be little differences and nuances in the way they play the game , but the important rule to remember remains the same --- DON'T pay ANYONE ANY money upfront. If you do so, you are plainly just volunteering to get burned AGAIN.