Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Getting rid of a time share. (by Pat W.):

Haven't heard of 'True Transfers', but I just recently donated my timeshare to 'Donate For a Cause'. Generally, you don't have to pay any money, but bec' mine wasn't selling, you can go the 'guaranteed way' and pay I believe $1895 which was the closing fees. They evidently have sources that will purchase the timeshares for minimal costs provided they don't have to pay the closing fees. Whatever they buy the timeshare for - a portion of that amount is donated to the charities. I did a lot of research up front before going this route. Contacted IRS, The charitable agencies they donate to (i.e. Kidney Foundation, Cancer Society, American Heart Assoc). Wanted to make sure from IRS they were legit and I could claim any monies that were used for closing costs and value of the property. I was able write these costs off on my income tax, which did help (already recd my refund back). Confirmed the deed was transferred out of our name. We've had the timeshare over 10 years. It was in Maui and the fees had gone up too high.