Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Timeshare Points vs. Weeks (by Charles S.):

I have not had the same problem with DRI. I have used the points to go to Hawaii when I wanted including Spring Break and the summer at The Point and KBC respectively. I stayed at KBC in Maui for 10 days during the peak time in summer. I made the reservation 10 months out. The key to DRI is planning ahead of time. I am not sure how far out you are trying to make reservations, but the earlier is better. In their system I have also stayed at the Palm Springs, Scottsdale (Links and Villas Mirage), Grand Beach and Cypress Pointe in Orlando, and Sedona. I have stayed at each of these during peak season. I have also used II to stay at Marriott properties. In fact, I have been able to use my points to get 3 2bdroom units at one time with my DRI points.

I just want you to know that your membership can be useful to you. If I can help please let me know. Since you now have it the key is to make the best use of it.

As for the hotel discounts, you can find them under ResortTime. If you log onto the DRI website and click onto Travel on the right side of the page and then scroll down to the end of the page you will see Resort Time and under that it says Hotel Reservations. You will click onto that and put your destination and dates for where you want to go. You may see both resorts and hotels to choose from. Some of the hotels are moderately priced and some are expensive.

I have been able to use DRI without too much problem by plannng. I have reservations this year at Las Vegas Polo Towers for the last week of the year and I will be there New Year's eve. I am excited by that. You cannot get that today or even a couple of months ago. You must plan ahead.