Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again! (by Sheri K.):

Dear Guido, no, I do not work for dri. I am an owner with points apparently useful only in the u.s. collection if I transfer or sell to another party. I bought into the timeshare when it was Epic, then it was bought by Sunterra and lastly picked up by dri. I therefore do not have any contract with dri, only my original contract with Epic. That contract was for points with an annual membership in Interval. Apparently when dri picked up Sunterra, their rules and membership applied and Interval was included. They thereby had more control over the fees and relationship with Interval. Original interval membership with Epic was only $50/year with all exchange privileges. Now dri charges outrageous fees ($274/year) and Interval nor rci will sell their exchange separately to a dri owner. I was hoping your contract spelled out something that could help us sell "the club" along with our points. Otherwise it is an unattractive sale as you know. The only document available to me is the rulebook, which only mentions terminations and suspensions briefly. They sent me an application for transferring to another party, which we plan to exercise even if we have to give it away or give it back. There's a $250 charge in either case.