Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: May Newsletter Q&A: Second Market Timeshare Owners 'Caught' By RCI (by R P.):

rjenks44 wrote:
I have a wk at the Hotel de la Monnaie in New Orleans. I was approached by their agent to sell for $1200. I signed the proposal over a year ago. This June she {Carolyn Sommers} said she had a buyer, and he would pay approx $375 and I would have to incur $700 plus in expenses. This was over the phone and I promptly refused, stating loudly what I thought of the ridiculous offer. She then backed off and said I would receive the full amt. {double talking}. Three days later, I received a voice mail stating that the buyer decided to purchase another unit and that she would try to sell mine by years end. I fully expected this to happen. I can't help but think this was fraudulent, in that she thought I was desperate and would take the deal. I live 600 miles away and have been able to use my wk only once.. By the way, in Feb. or March this year I received a call from Ms. Sommers, offering me $100 for the unit!!!! I would appreciate any feedback and or advice on the above subject.

Sincerely, Mrs. Jenks [romaynejenks@gvtc.com]

This is the typical method that upfront fee resale scam companies use .... all of a sudden the buyer backs out but they keep your upfront fee telling you they will sell it eventually .... they NEVER DO. All they want is your upfront fee.

You should file a complaint with the attorney general in the state the scammers are located.