bankruptcy

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: bankruptcy (by Doug P.):

Maybe I've misunderstood an important point. Is there a problem with the developer not actually filing deeds with the county? If that's the case I would be contacting Tanny County with the appropriate paper work (purchase documents) and anything showing where that the title has been recorded.

If the deed has not been recorded but, the developer has given owners information that it has been recored, then there is the question of fraud. At that point a corse of action other than a law suit might be necessary such as contacting the state AG's office with complaints of fraud.

I had never considered that the developer would not have recorded the deed in my name. At the time of purchase we paid in full for our week and paid closing costs. To be honest, at this point I do not remember whether we recieved a deed from Tanny County. If we have not and, if I have paid closing costs and the developer has given me false information concerning the deed being filed, then the developer may end up with bigger problems than bankruptcy!

At any rate, Southwind, as far as I understand, is only the management company at this time. I don't believe that Southwind can be held accountable if they were not the company that was managing the sales team or responsible for the closings.

On the other hand, the last update we went to at FQ, the sales staff were showing and selling Palace View units, which is a Southwind managed and developed property.

Several years ago we purchased a Grand Regency at Thousand Hills week on the resale market. The closing was handled through GMAC and I know where the deed to that week is. Grand Regency is also managed by Southwind.

I believe, at this point, Southwind manages Palace View, Grand Regency at Thousand Hills and French Quarter Resort. It is my understanding that they are developing and selling Palace View Heights. It would be interesting to know the full extent of Southwinds involvement should there be an issue with some of FQ's owners not having deeds to their ownership despite being told and given recording information.

At any rate, I would encourage anyone who has a deeding issue to contact the state of MO, attorney general with specific complaints.