Board of Directors

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: New Assessment (by Tom V.):

laurieb214 wrote:
Yes, I received it yesterday Oct.5th. I have spent most of the day making calls and researching ways to walk away. Tomorrow, I will call Diamond Resort Intern'l Corp. ask for the Loss Mitigations Dept, file a Mutual Release & Termination of Vacation Ownership Agreement, pay transfee fee $250 per contract which we own 2. Hopefully, based on the research I have done this will be the way we can cut our losses. If Diamond does not comply we will have to hirer an Attorney at $300 hr. but it beats paying $7000 in maintance fees for 2012 which will continue for the next 5 years. Thank you for responding.

I spoke to DRI yesterday and was told "I'm not threatening you, but...." they intend to sue us if we default on the special assessment. They also say that you cannot transfer your title until the SA is paid.

They say it will take $65 million to repair the damage, but they also intend to replace the roof on every building and all of the doors and windows. If someone can tell me how the "water intrusion" problem affected the roof, I'd appreciate it.

They have given us no details on the project, just the schedule. They haven't told us who is doing the construction or what the costs will be per building.

As far as I know this is a way for them to charge us a fortune to manage the project.