Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again! (by Jamie F.):

When I spoke to "Joanne" is this week at Owner Enhancement, she referred me to the 1800 number that we normally call to make our reservations. As I've said in previous posts, I paid our $1315 - 2012 Maintenance Fee and the $264 Club Dues in advance back in May of this year. I paid early hoping to make 2012 reservations as soon as was allowable. Now with this assessment and the maintenance fees increasing from $1315 to over $2600 we can no longer afford this timeshare. I called the 1800 number Joanne referred me to and told them I wanted to cancel my 2012 Club dues and wanted a refund. They said they would email me the form. I received the email today. Now, here's the joke. The form is so confusing and convoluted you can barely understand what they are saying. There are two portions to it. One is a "Cancellation of Membership", the other portion is "Cancellation of Assignment". The bottom line is when you cancel the 'assignment' you are forfeiting whatever reservations you have made for 2012. "Cancellation of Membership" simply cancels the Club. HOWEVER, they will NOT refund the $264 cost. Oh, and on top of all of this, they want the form notarized. But the point is, why cancel if you can't get a refund? And how is this legal? Our $1315 will never be seen by us again, either.

They say this is a five year project, but when was the last time anything completed on time and within budget? I think the assessments and rising prices will continue til God knows when.