Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System (by Kathryn M.):

g333s--

kathrynm here! I'm following this discussion, and again, many thanks for the time you take helping us. One issue did surface for me in this disccusion. You remember that my husband and I brought our three weeks into the Destinations Program but were not told anything about the option of buying trust points at our sales presentation in Aruba this past June. Our sales rep said our three weeks netted us 6,500 points with premier membership--and he clearly stated that the greatest reason to buy into the Destinations Program was that we would have access to all the new properties Marriott would build in the future which would not be available through II (as well as the Ritz). Now it sounds like that really is not the case--that we needed to have purchased trust points--not exchange points--to access that inventory. If that is indeed the case, what the heck did we buy when we bought into the Destinations Program??? What exactly will our 6,500 exchange points buy? Only the Marriott Resorts with exchange inventory? If so, didn't we already have that access without being in the Destinations Program? Do these sales reps know what the heck they are doing?