Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again! (by Michael D.):

I have been reviewing the billing statement for the "water intrusion assessment" and besides it being very ambigious about the costs, there is a paragragh about the 'project timeline' stating that the project will start June 2012 and take 5 years... they state that one building '#4', to be completed by the end of 2012, with 2 buildings to be completed each year and all done by 2017... Then it says "with buildings being out of service for the next 5 years, availability will be reduced" and to make any reservations early if you want to use the facility... What they fail to say is how many building will be out of service, how many units will be available, and if you are unable to get a reservation and you do not want to go to any other resort, what happens to your points that you can only roll over for one year... I have already lost points due to a lack of availability and our restrictive schedule, so has anyone heard how they plan to deal with any of these issues... I detest DRI's management and have hassled with them in the past, and have considered just walking away from our 31,000 points which we paid 56,000 cash for the end of 2007... What are the consequenses of walking away...?