Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Secondary market vs purchase from developer (by Penny H.):

I know this topic is old but... my husband and I started out with a timeshare in Maui at the Westin. We had one week every other year. Last year we traded it for a week in Kaui every year. The fees/taxes are ridiculous. For $2800 that we are expected to pay this year in fees we could have bought a week on our own through Redweek. We will never buy a timeshare again. It is a big rip off. The exchange company that we have to use is very hard to maneuver online and we cant find anything we want to trade for. You have to put in a request for two or three places and dates and you must travel the dates that they give you once something becomes available. In addition, you have to pay a fee again just to exchange a week that you have already paid for twice, once with the original purchase and then again every year with taxes/fees. Unless you have a lot of money and/or can travel alot the timeshares are not cheap and the fees keep going up,up, up!!! Think long and hard about this decision.