Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

RedWeek.com May E-mail Newsletter Q&A: Second Market Timeshare Owners 'Caught' By RCI (by Steve W.):

Luigik, that's the kind of thing crooks do.

Timeshare sales is *full* of crooks. That's why they have such a bad reputation. They *are* crooks.

If they sold you something, *anything* floating weeks, etc. and they take it away from you if you decide you don't want it, how much is it really worth?

Anything you buy is a valuable asset. If it is being depleted by the seller if you want to sell it why would you want to put your money out for that?

You should think of that if they want to sell you something that "doesn't transfer", and adjust the price you are willing to pay downward.

I have had this very discussion with timeshare salespeople. "If it's not resalable if I want to sell it I can't pay you anything at all for it" Or not much.

I guess some people fall for scams, but I wouldn't pay very much for something that has a depleted resale value. If they are asking $20,000, I'd offer $400 if it can't be resold. Everyone else should apply that sort of ratio as well.