Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

RedWeek.com May E-mail Newsletter Q&A: Second Market Timeshare Owners 'Caught' By RCI (by Steve W.):

luigik wrote:
wow! that's a bit extreme, no? Come on "crooks" is a bit rough even though there are some shady people in the business . . . .

First-visit incentives are just that . . . and they only apply to the original purchaser. The basic program is good but the incentives make it better. Just like a warranty, it applies to the buyer from the dealer not to every second-hand user thereafter . . . . You buy a used car do you expect full warranty?

No, that's not extreme at all.

You buy a valuable asset you have an expectation that you do what you are supposed to do (pay your bill) everyone else will do the same.

What do you expect, after you sell your unit to someone else they should stop cleaning it?

They got paid, after all. If you sell your property to someone else and they do what they are supposed to do (pay their bill) you should be able to rely on them getting what they paid for.

This is the same kind of thing some companies try to do today, where they give new buyers a huge discount that their longtime customers don't get. Directv is one that tried that. I was paying them for >10 years and they *tried* to charge me extra, more than double what they would charge a new customer.

I refuse to do anything like that, if a company sells to anyone for less than they sell to me I won't deal with them at all. I will pay extra to avoid it. It's not right.

Nope, if a timeshare's maintenance is paid they should be treating everyone the same.

Not doing that is *exactly* what crooks do.