Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System (by Luigi K.):

Something's missing here. I have points in several different timeshare programs. Each ownership has points that equal a week of residency at that particular resort. That resort takes my points value, converts it back to the week I own then deposits that in Interval. I then go to Interval and select an available week. Does Marriott's system NOT do that? Bear in mind, the points you own relate to a specific week somewhere and regardless of points or weeks your trading power is governed by your home resort's desirability. Hence, a week or equivalent points at Shadow Ridge is NOT equal to a week in Marriott Maui. You probably have to add more points from somewhere to bring the equality to par. but, not having Marriott and not knowing what the "problem" is, I'm very happy with my ownerships and stay in top rate properties wherever I want to go.