Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System (by Kathryn M.):

I agree completely on both counts! Let's to try help each other make the most of what we have. If someone has an issue about something they would like to do, share it with all of us and maybe we can strategize and help them achieve their ends. I've learned so much from this blog, and it has really helped me dealing with the reps when I call in with an issue.

Secondly, I agree that it would help SO much if we could get someone from Marriott to address some of the issues that have come up. I sadly agree that it is a shame that Marriott International is no longer involved. You could always coun't on the Marriott quality and efficiency.

Has anyone besides me had trouble getting a good trade through II (other than trading for another Marriott property in the past)? We tried for 13 months to get ANY trade in the Venice area and got nowhere! We finally used some Marriott Rewards Points and stayed at the Courtyard by the airport and bused in to Venice each day!

Also I do realize that we didn't have to join the Destinations Program, but we got the feeling that a future trade with a Marriott property might get increasingly difficult--especially if the inventory would be drying up as members joined the Destinations Program and would deposit them with Marriott and not II. And I do like having to pay only one fee each year that even includes the fee we had to pay to trade for Marriott Reward Points every other year! We have never rented our properties (and they are desirable ones as was pointe out), but we didn't get into timeshare ownership to be landlords. And I know there are plenty of fees you need to pay to rent your properties--no? So what do you actually net in the end on a rental?