Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Diamond Resorts raises maintenance fees again! (by David K.):

OK, I'm unfamiliar with Virginia real estate law pertaining to timeshares, but I will reply based on what I know about the law here in AZ.

Your mistake is writing to DRI. Unless they are the developer you originally purchased your TS from, you legal relationship with them is only indirect --> through your homeowner association. DRI would not be obligated to respond to you.

On the other hand, you do have a direct legal relationship with your homeowner association, of which you are a member. They should be legally obligated to answer any questions regarding the bylaws and regulations of the hoa, the contracts they enter into (such as with DRI for managing the property), the composition of the board, the qualifications of board members, and any relationship those board members may have with any contractors.

I suggest you get as much information as possible about your hoa from the state in which it is incorporated and then send them a letter by certified mail asking whatever questions you need answered. Then, if they do not respond, file a complaint with the corporation commission against them requesting that they be compelled to comply with the law and answer your questions.