Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System (by Bob P.):

Dennis, thanks for the updated rules. Now that sounds more familiar. Still not sure why they would charge such a penalty price if they want inventory. But that's their choice.

As to repurchases, I was told by a company employee who I happened to play golf with a few months ago, that they had employees who scanned the resale sites for desired units at attractive prices. When a sale of one is attempted, they will step in. She indicated that most of these would be at locations where they did not have enough inventory. I would assume that Maui would be one such location.

Although, a friend who went to a presentation there said that he was told they were going to do so, I have not been approached to sell mine. He said they were offering to by back at pre construction prices. I was also told by a company employee that Marriott planed to open a resale office for Maui units soon.

I am not sure what the rules as to repossessions are, but I would assume they get back quite a few units each year.