Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again! (by Michael D.):

michaeld414 wrote:
annetter60 wrote:
Today I received an email from "Resort Owners Association" that said that for a limited time I could participate in a program that might eliminate maintenance fees for timeshare owners. It said that this was only available to a select group of clients. It seems really bogus to me, but I can't find anything on this company. The email address showing is help@vacation-timeshare.org and mail address given is 3208 East Colonial Drive, STe C #306, Orlando, FL. The number to call is (888)6962128 Anyone know anything about them? I think this is just a come on from one of those up-front fee scams!

They are willing to buy your membership, but the cost is very steep, for our two weeks they wanted $ 20,000, and they claim it was garunteed to remove you from responsibility, however if you do not have a release from Diamond it is all for nothing and they will have your money... The entire industry has become a rip off, and as these resorts deteriorate the "Special assessments" to repair them will be billed to the members... Get out if you can...

update... You can surrender your membership to DRI, though it angers me that it is giving them a gift of your purchase price, and that is usually a 5 figures amount, but it is a way out of feeling you are an indentured tourist