Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System (by Charles S.):

Hello,

I know that you are unhappy with what is going on. I am thinking that you are a legacy owner (one who owns deeded weeks at a Marriott.) If that's the case then you have the option of dropping out of the Destinations Club. This way you don't have to use points and you can try to sell your unit the old way for a week. You can then also use it the way you used to as well. If you bought additional points, well that as you can see is another story. I have shared on other forums as well as this that to buy additional points is not the way if you are already an owner of a week. The key would be to rent someone else's points so that you are not stuck paying those annual maintenance fees.

Ultimately, we are all responsible for what we sign and agree to on a contract. Marriott may have given you 5 minutes, but you had another 5-7 DAYS to read and rescind what you signed. That is all part of the package you received.

I have sensed from some of your posts you are extremely unhappy or maybe sickened by the way things have gone. You can still love your Marriott timeshare the old way if you still have those units.

I would advise you and other to go to Timeshares Users Group (tug2.net) where there is a mountain of information on the Marriott forum. There are owners like you who are sharing ideas and the pros and cons of the new points system. Learn like they are and share. Some are very happy with the system and some are just as upset as you are, but people are trying to work the system to their advantage. We have to pay the maintenance fees anyway so while we have it let's try to work it and use it.