Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System (by William Z.):

Hi there. We are owners of Aruba Surf Club (gold) since 2006, 1 week, garden view. We have successfully exchanged since then. We PLANNED Marriott Waiohai, Kauai two years in advance by banking our week for 2009 and with using a week for 2010. It took several months but II came through with a week and were able to secure a second week in the same villa, even though we were willing to move to another. It was a vacation that we wish to repeat for 2014 and were thinking of following the same formula. We are staying at Marriott Timber Lodge this year, can't wait as we leave next weekend! We got the obligatory email "inviting" us to hear the points program sales pitch.

1. First and foremost, should I stick with the formula to get two weeks? 2. Will this point program help me in any way to get us to Waiohai for two weeks? I did their conversion and our week is worth only 2800 or so points and it would take like over 8500! 3. Or should we look at either a) liquidating Aruba and buying a week in Waiohai "used" of course because we think we pretty much saw Aruba after 3x there and we fell in love with Kauai instead. B) purchase a used week in addition to Aruba?

Any guidance would be appreciated!

William

Everything I have been reading, not sure if lightning would strike twice to get us back to Waiohai. Yes, I know I could rent but if I don't have to......