Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System (by Den):

traceyf29 wrote:
Hi - just a general question. If you buy a timeshare from an owner in the secondary market, do you have all the same "rights/perks" as if you'd purchased directly from Marriott? I am pretty sure (yet starting to question my memory after reading these posts) that I was told when we purchase in Aruba from Marriott in 2001ish that if you didn't buy from Marriott you didn't get all the benefits. I am toying with the idea of buy from an existing owner. Thanks! Tracey

Buying privately - You cannot trade for Marriott Rewards Pts. You cannot enroll the week in Destinations. Of course, you can't finance such purchases thru Marriott.

You can enroll the week in Interval and deposit, trade, etc. You can use and rent the week.

Others, please remind me of anything I have missed. I can't think of anything else that I haven't been able to do with my privately purchased weeks.