Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System (by Jamie K.):

I just enrolled. I was totally against it because I thought I couldn't go to my home resort at the high time of the year since I would have to convert my week to points. That's not true. I just don't convert my week to points for that year. I studied this excellent board, reviewed their presentation, read the program from the beginning to the end and it's worth it. Although I have a week in Maui, I do like going to Oahu. Right now I pay $89 a year for Interval International and it costs $109 when the trade occurs. If I chose to split my 2-bedroom into a 1-bedroom suite and a lockout, it costs me $80 for the lockout trade.

The Club Fee is $165 and it includes a membership for Interval International. There are no fees for trading my week, which is normally $109, and there are no fees if I make a trade and change my mind, which is normally $30. If for some stupid reason I decide to convert my week to Marriott Reward Points (100,000), I don't have to pay the $109 fee.

There are actually more good then bad. The best thing is if I want to go to my home resort, I don't have to convert my week to points so I can go any week I want.