Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Exchange Program (by Den):

Robin, I think you are on the right track and if I had it to do over again, I would pursue your track of either (1) renting or (2) buying a week in the aftermarket to use frequently. You have undoubtedly determined that you would need 4,700 Destination Pts to get your favored week at Ocean Watch - a $50,000 plus initial purchase with annual maintenance fees of about $1,900.

Weeks purchased in the aftermarket can be traded thru Interval, rented, or used. The only difference between a week acquired in the aftermarket and one purchased from Marriott Vacation Club is that the purchased week cannot be enrolled in Destinations. Not being able to enroll the week in Destinations means that you cannot trade for Vacation Club Points and/or Marriott Rewards Points; and, you cannot participate in the one-fee arrangement for transactions thru Interval. You can, however, join Interval and you just pay a fee per transaction. You would also have access to other Interval benefits such as Getaways, etc. - which might be better deal than your current rentals for the off season.

If you are buying a "week" in the aftermarket, you are not buying points. Marriott Vacation Club stopped selling vacation "weeks" in late spring, 2010. If you buy from Marriott Vacation Club, you will be buying "points."

Dennis