cash for timeshares

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: cash for timeshares (by Frank G.):

Following up.

Okay, they make (force) you to watch a 15 minute webinar before they share any information (all deed holders MUST watch). Then they follow-up with a call from the parent company timeshare relief inc which as I mentioned is in the business of transferring worthless timeshares to some "pre-approved" third party whom presumably will not get blocked by the timeshare company. I didn't have the patients to go through the whole thing and speak with them cuz it seemed pretty clear that all they were trying to do was convince me to pay them a few years maintenance fee for a "guaranteed" exit. Same as the seminar I had over the weekend.

What I haven't quite figured out is even if these programs are legit and someone is motivated to pay to get rid of their timeshare, if they are worthless, why would a third part agree to take them and why would the timeshare operator approve them?

I'm no biz wiz, but I was thinking maybe I could transfer the timeshares to an assett-less shell company but then I was told the operator can block that. So if they don't block this other third party, I'm wondering if the operators themselves are the third party and they're taking them back for free so they can resell them?

Anyone thought this through? Is there a thread somewhere for these transfer strategies?