Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Open Letter to Steve Cloobeck, Diamond Resorts International CEO (by Charles S.):

dan825 wrote:
Wow, there are a lot of bitter feelings toward Diamond. I am also an owner and just have not had a bad experience yet. Yes, the value of my timeshare has gone down but that is true for virtually every company. I sold my Hyatt time share for about 50% of what I paid.

Maybe Steve is a pompous ass but then I suspect that every CEO has a little pompous ass in him or her. I own points mostly in the Hawaii Trust with a handful in the US Trust and have been pleased with my experiences in Kauai, Maui, Florida, Virginia, and Arizona.

My experience is that the maintenance fees always seem too high no matter the resort. Staying at a nice resort sure beats the hell out of a hotel room.

Dan, we have a DRI owners site on Facebook. Come join us. It's a closed group, but we welcome all DRI owners. We have DRI owners from across the globe. We share our various experiences with DRI and ways to maximize our ownership. It's a lot more positive site.