Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Resale - NO points and NO trades within Marriott (by Jay S.):

My understanding from talking to their sales office is that the the annual maintenance dues fluctuate according to actual expenses, so in effect there is no ceiling except as limited by actual expenses. They do not make money on the annual dues, just meet expenses as determined by the Board, which consists of owners who want to keep expenses down, but also keep the place top notch. As fuel costs go up, and inflation kicks in, you can expect annual dues to increase as they have in the past. I think they should install a geothermal heating/cooling system, with solar for increased electrical load, and they would eliminate propane costs and electical bills. But that's just me.

kathyr311 wrote:
Please excuse my ignorance on the subject of maintenance fees. Can Marriott Waiohai raise the maintenance fees at any time? Is there a cap on how high they can go? I own at Waiohai and am considering selling my timeshare. When I looked at the re-sales on Redweek I noticed that the maintenance fees on the same rentals: Ocean View, Annual, vary from $1480 - $1650. Any insight on this?