Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Interval international non-rental claus (by Don P.):

It would be nice to get back to the issue at hand which is not being able to rent out your weeks . There is a topic in another forum room dealing with Point Rental Liquidators run by a person named B J Cooke. He claims you can buy points from him at a discount and rent them out for a profit through his company. He leads people on by stating it takes six to nine months for the process to be complete. By the time you wait he has your money and you are past the time limit to dispute the claim with your credit card company. Your money is gone and B J Cooke avoids your calls.

One thing he posted in the forum was that he advised people to claim that the person you rented to is a relative and you pay for a guest pass to circumvent the system. It's people like B J Cooke that destroys the exchange program.

I don't agree with the non rental provision of RCI and II but if that is what you signed and agreed to than that is what you are stuck with for the life of your contract. RCI's policies are one reason I got rid of two timeshares that I used to exchange only. I was disgusted when I learned that RCI was renting the prefered properties to the general public for huge profits and denying the owners the use of them for exchanges. I decided to just keep one deeded timeshare for my personal use that I don't need to exchange.

The remedy for us is to boycott the industry until they make it more cunsumer friendly. It seems all the rules are there just for the benefit of the companies and none for the owners.

I belong to the National Timeshare Owners Association which is the only group I know that is for timeshare owners benefit only. If we get enough people together to fight for owners rights we can make major changes in the industry. It will never happen unless we have a voice.