Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Diamond Resorts raises maintenance fees again! (by Lori R.):

I am not naive about the issue at all. I realize that a class action lawsuit isn't about the owners. It is about the lawyers. I remember the lawsuit against ILX. I got $25 LA bucks , big deal. Los Abrigados is a beautiful resort and indeed needed to be upgraded. The grounds there do need alot of attention. I also realize that it is something that needs to be planned to get what you want. A $400.00 increase yearly is a bit much. Now if next year it only increased 1-5% then I would understand that it was called for. They have less employees now than they did in 1995 when I purchased my TS. I own a South African TS. Never been there and probably will never go, but I can trade with RCI and go wherever else I may want to go. DRI wanted me to give the Dikhololo week and they were going to combine the points together for 3 years and they would pay my MF for RCI if I bought into "The Club" I declined the whole deal and kept my 1 week in Platinum worth 13000 points to their platinum week = trade. I love Los Abrigados and it's an easy drive from Phoenix to totally relax for a week. I refuse all updates. Not interested in updated my timeshare. I was interested to see how everyone else felt about DRI.

davidk689 wrote:
Charles minimizes the problem. MF's at Los Abrigados went up by a lot more than 1% for deeded owners. Since DRI took over they've gone through the roof. We pay more in MF's for a one-week TS than it would cost to stay at a hotel where you would get a free breakfast and your sheets changed every night.

Lori is a bit naive about the issue of a class action lawsuit. This was done against ILX over the issue of non-availability. Owners ended up getting something like $30 or $40 in "credit" that you had to spend there within a specific period of time. The lawyers for both sides got hundreds of thousands. If we wanted to take on DRI first we would have to find out who the deeded owners are and their contact info. Then for every one without an email address we would have to mail out some sort of info sheet. To follow up there would have to be a lot of phone calling. Who is going to bear the cost or time of doing this?

Just face it. We are all screwed. Your friendly Republican legislators have fixed the laws in the states where DRI does business to make consumer redress against the kind of larceny the Timeshare INdustry perpetrates all but impossible.