Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Has anyone purchased from Vallarta Gardens? (by Sral N.):

Paula,

My wife reminds me that the Mexican entity I was trying to remember is called "Profeco," not "Perfecto." She says that it has opened an office in Puerto Vallarta and should be findable easily in net search. It is important to lodge complaints with them since they eventually post the names of properties with complaints.

I agree that this particular group of scammers seems to have worked together only in the past several months. We dealt with them in July and when we researched VG on several scam watch sites, we didn't find any specific complaints about VG at that time. What was chilling to us was the similarity between the complaints we did read about at places like the Mayan Palace, Villa del Palmar, and the Grand Miramar and the tactics we found at VG. At that point, I don't think the crew at VG had been operating long enough to have complaints surface.

Of course Orlando was quick to assert that "anyone can put dirt out on the web." When I pointed out that I had found allegations of fraud against Swiss Alliance, he explained it away as a crooked competitor who had posted lies to make them look bad.

It does seem that the former timeshare owners of VG before it went bankrupt should exist and be pretty upset. How to find them and how they could help are mysteries to me.

To us, it seems that the best remedy for some type of action lies in Profeco, as flawed as it might be. There are other Internet groups like "TUGBBS.COM" that could be useful in publicizing complaints. As much as we'd really rather not continue to relive the whole situation, I think we will make efforts to post our experience and advice for others who might benefit from it. If we can help you specifically in any way, please let us know. I am reluctant to share email addresses in this forum, but we could find a way to continue corresponding.

Best of luck!