Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Why have maintenance fees gone up so much for 2012 ? (by Andy M.):

Mike that's because the Belair has done such a crappy job of maintaining market value, people that own non-prime weeks have been walking rather than paying their fees. The Belair has long had their timeshares re-marketed through an amateur called Jody (replaced for 2013), but the damage is done. They took the maintenance dollars they lost from the delinquent tenents (we are not owners) and dumped them on those still paying their bills. My 2013 bill topped $1,000, so I guess it's still continuing.

michael2146 wrote:
Last year maintenance fees At the Belair went up 6% to $855.00 per week, the largest increase since I have owned at the Belair, 8 years. For the previous 5 or 6 years the increase has been a pretty steady 3%. I understand that all electricity in St. Maarten comes from an oil generated plant and that they have been updating all the rooms with new tiles, new showers in the hall bathroom and now flat screen TVs, but I don't need a high definition TV for a lousy satellite feed. This year I'm paying 9% more than last year and I expect free high speed WIFI and not the slow WIFI they charge for. Owners will have to demand more for their money. No shampoo in the bathrooms. Their excuse, owners like to bring their own shampoo. Guys don't care, however Jody does sell over priced shampoo in her store. No Toasters in the kitchen, their excuse, you have a toaster oven. I can toast a loaf of bread in toaster faster than 2 pieces in an ancient toaster oven. I started buying a cheap one and leaving it behind, it leaves some room in my suitcase for booze on the way home. So in another 70 years all the rooms will have toasters. Why is there a sign that says a towel on the rack means I will reuse and one on the floor is for the laundry, yet the maids take the rack towels any way. Let's voice our displeasure at this increase, tell the manager when you visit in 2012. If we are the only timeshare in St. Maarten without a mortgage, why are we paying the same high maintenance fees? Mike M.