Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Timeshare in a Estate (by R P.):

donp196 wrote:
This forum is hopefully for the purpose of advising other owners of the scams and options out there. My theory is that it is in the best interest of every resort to utilize deed backs.

The pros and cons of possible resort deedbacks have been discussed on other timeshare forums.

My view is that if everyone that merely wanted out of their timeshare ownership by deeding it back to resort is that the resort would implode from within. There are millions of people, with no underlying financial or health problems, that would take advantage of a deedback offer just to rid themselves of such. I've seen such testimonials many times (ie: we just don't use it anymore, we're tired of it etc). Maintenance fees are the bread and butter of any resort.

Now, for people with financial or health problems that can't afford their ongoing maintenance fees due to such, then there should be a plan in place by HOA's or developers that includes proof (financial records, health records etc) that they are in such a dire situation and be presented to the HOA or developer.

I really don't believe across the board deedbacks are the answer.