Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: belaire golf resort and spa (by Kevin K.):

I'm currently in Mazatlan and have met with my Lawyer regarding my case with Belaire/Hotel U. My Lawyer advised me that Belaire/Hotel U did not attend either of the two PROFECO hearings and were fined 20,000 pesos each time. To the best of my knowledge, PROFECO has no ability to enforce these fines and they go unpaid. Apparently, the legal process requires that you proceed through PROFECO first before the court system will hear your case. My Lawyer advised me that my documents are currently with the translator being translated from English to Spanish. Once again a requirement necessary to be presented to the Mexican Court system. At least that this what I'm being informed by my Lawyer. These documents are to be presented to the courts next month. To the best of my knowledge, in Mexico the Lawyer you hire presses both civil and criminal charges. Criminal action is not undertaken by the Crown here in Mexico. Yesterday I was contacted by email by an organization claiming to be "Juridico Providencia Fraud Investigation Unit of Mexico". When I Googled this name it came back blank. They had my email address, the legal names of both my wife and I as well as my cell phone number. Their email was followed up the next day by a phone call. They claim they are an arm of the Federal Government and that they raided Hotel U and obtained boxes of documents with many of the existing contracts. They go onto say that for $1,500.00 they will collect your funds paid to the developer. They went on to advise me that PROFECO does not have the ability to impose fines and that English documents do not require translation into Spanish in order to be presented to the court system. I find both of these statements very difficult to swallow. I plan on visiting the PROFECO office tomorrow here in Mazatlan to determine if they do or do not have the ability to impose fines and I will confirm the translation part as well. I believe it is very safe to assume that this Juridico Providenia Fraud Investigation Unit of Mexico is yet another arm of Hotel U. How else would they have access to all my personal information? Based on what I hear from PRFECO tomorrow I will meet with my Lawyer once again to clarify any discrepancies. I'm still curious how the class action suit is proceeding? Anybody have any accurate details on this matter?