Timeshare Rental

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Timeshare Rental (by Carol S.):

In regards to using a gift certificate, you still pay your exchange fee which varies, with RCI it is $200 for the week, plus $75 for the gift certificate. The certificate is in your name with your guests on it. Then to book the place your guests have to book through RCI. I would assume that 11 is the same. or exchange company you have it in, Owners are not suppose to be using the gift certificate system for purposes of renting it out. . When you add up the cost plus what you pay for maintence, why would one risk breaking the rules. You also would lose the use of the exchange system if caught.

I would be contacting RCI and 11 and telling them about What your salespeople are saying. The more info with names, etc the better., and definitly recinding on the deal.

The gift certificate is designed for when you can not use your time and do not want to pay to extend the use to carry it over into the next years use. Or not lose your points or week of use for that year, in the exchange system.. So you give it to friends or family to use. The certificate is just transfering the right to use at an exchange of choice by your guest through RCI. or 11.

If the time is still with your resort and has not been put into the exchange system like RCI then it needs to be put in if used other than your own resort. Depends on resort system. Your own resort would not require a gift certificate, just you booking in your guests.

I use redweek which is one of the better sites to list and rent your week out. If you price your week well, you have a fairly good chance of renting it out. Location does come into play, so consider that when you buy. READ UP, ( there are forums on Redweek) on buying on the second hand market which is a good way, but depends on how the usage transfers. And how you want to use it. Exchange or rent out or just go back every year. Also . forums on buying from the Resorts. The Resources tab is also a big source of info.

. I hope this has been helpful.