Timeshare Rental

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Timeshare Rental (by Jay R.):

We bought a right to use contract on 2/27/13 from the developer at Miramar in Playa del Coco in Guanacaste Costa Rica. We were told we could deposit our weeks with RCI, HSI or Platinum Resort Services. I started regretting the purchase almost immediately. We were also told we could not cancel the contract because we were given credit back towards the purchase by depositing back this years weeks. What is the recission period or cancellation period of a contract normally?

jayjay wrote:
wendyo53 wrote:
Does anyone know the facts about this and where I can find them? We still have 9 days to cancel our purchase.

I assume you bought from a developer timeshare salesperson via a presentation. I don't know where you bought but in 99% of cases you can buy what you want on the resale market for pennies on the dollar of what a devloper bought timeshare costs.

First, if it were me, I would rescind until you can thoroughly research timeshare resales .... if after you've done your research then you can always go back to the developer and buy from them if you don't find what you're looking for on the resale market.