Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit (by Robert M.):

1. Reading a previous comment, someone said there are 15,000 owners at the MHC. If the average maintenance fee is say, $2,500 per annum, then it apparently costs $3,750,000.00 a year to maintain the place? Does that make sense? 2. On another issue...did all of you get a glossy and apparently very costly Owners Referral Program brochure? This is clear evidence that they are still selling shares. I thought they were, or were about to be sold out several years ago. Where are these new shares coming from? We all know they have "first right of refusal". Why? My hunch is that from day one, they realized that since they totally control the maintenance fees, they could over time run up the cost to the owners (as they have) to a point were the owners will literally give back their share. You may also recall that there are very large closing fees collected by MHC when you sell. Furthermore, when they resell these shares, are they offering low maintenance fees to the new owners as incentive? If so, then we are subsidizing the sell, since our maintenance costs are disproportional. It also makes is almost impossible for us to sell privately, since anyone who buys our share would presumably pay the higher maintenance fees which have been assessed to our share. I think if we have a leg to stand on, we will need to prove this was their intent all along. I think that will be very difficult to do, but certainly not impossible. 3. The trick is to get a lawyer who is better than theirs.