Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit (by Chris V.):

johna916, my reluctant agreement with you: YOU'RE TOTALLY RIGHT! owners, through 2 forums (this one and the group from yahoo) have been trying to get equity from the MC for over 3 years...NADA, NOTHING...while owners sit and pay for often useless time not even spent there. you were quite smart to get out with the assistance of your personal attorney. i was able to get out with an interesting trade with another owner (details not disclosed at this time.) your comment about eichner, the developer, being "politically wired in" seems on target. how the hell else can he do what he does to owners and still remain at the helm of this venture with legal intervention: smacks of outright fraud (which eichner has been accused of in the past.) anyway, this response to your comments is partly a catharsis and partly a "licking of wounds" with someone else in the identical position at MC. and this issue is truly a shame: other than the over-the-barrel position eichner has us in, the MC is a fantastic place: well kept, great personnel, incredible location...all things most people would be drawn to when considering a purchase, but as the phrase goes...CAVEAT EMPTOR..."LET THE BUYER BEWARE."

johna916 wrote:
It is a disgrace. That is why I hired a lawyer and got out. It is very hard to go up against a developer who is politically wired in. That is why the case was dismissed. The only out is on an individual basis, for owners to each depart however they best can. Over time, the bad reputation of the place will collapse its value. So why stay in as an owner?