Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Exchange Program (by Dennis N.):

I asked that very question when I had a sales presentation and the answer I got was the difference in what one got for a unit and someone else had to pay to get into it was because of "breakage". ie. people using units for less that a full 7 nights. My response to that was, "if breakage actually costs Marriott then let those that cause this breakage pay for it." Charge those that book for fewer than a full 7 nights a premium for that privelege. Why make everyone pay for the benefit of a few? Marriott is just trying to glean as many dollars from the pockets of loyal owners who already paid a premium for the weeks they own through Marriott. Weeks that are now worth only a small percentage of what they were purchased for.... and at worse case, cannot even be given away. Try getting on the board for one of your resorts so that one might have a voice..... forget it. Unless you're an ex President, CEO, city Manager, Governor, sleaze ball attorney or the like it's not possible. I am also a Wyndham owner and have all the flexibility I need through them. Oh, and when I visit a Wyndham resort I'm treated like an "owner" as opposed to being treated like a "guest" at Marriott. I can get a cup of coffee in the lobby/check in area and have access to a business center at no charge at Wyndham resorts. A small thing you may say but a big difference in how one is made to feel. Not like an ATM or, as the guy put it, like a "mark". With Marriott I feel like they have their hand out all the while I'm there..... and even when I'm not. LOL