Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Westgate Change in Policy - Is it Legal? (by Dawn M.):

UPDATE

So westgate emails today 4-30-13 and says- your dates are confirmed- we charged your credit card $440, you saved $10 by booking online! So I called them. I had my husband speak because a man has more presence on the phone then women sometimes and he can argue and debate until the cows come home. So he said when I requested the dates, I agreed to the "terms and conditions" and had to check the box and give my credit card#. In those terms and conditions it states if a fixed week owner makes a reservation online, they pay the developer exchange fee of $140 and if I made it with an agent $150. He said that's the contract I agreed to, I have it in writing. You have nothing in writing stating you are going to charge me $440. You can tell me you are going to charge me $2,000 but you have nothing in writing and I have a legal document. That response prompted a supervisor who didn't want to get on the phone but ask for a copy of this "user agreement" even though I told them it's on their owners website once you request a reservation online and give your credit card #. Anywho, we keep the woman on hold and scan and email the agreement. That prompts a 2nd supervisor to come on the phone. A man this time, who states again, we are a resale. Again my husband says he doesn't care, we are owners with a legal binding contract that states we will pay $140 of which we agreed to. Then this guy says I should have gotten an email prior to the confirmation email stating I will be charged $440 if I agree to the reservation (I never got any such thing). I said I never got this email. He says he will have to review my emails that were sent and if he doesn't see where they told me about the $440, he will reimburse my credit card $300. He is to call me at 10am tomorrow to see what he finds out. I can tell you, if he plays this stunt again with this $440 I will tell him I am going to file a complaint to the Dept of Business and Professional Regulation 850-488-1122, file a complaint with the fraud hotline 1-866-966-7226 and file a complaint with the Attorney General Pam Bondi www.myfloridalegal.com and cancel my credit card for the $440. And if he wants to take legal action, that's fine, we'll be moving there in a month, we'll see them in court! I'll update how this conversation goes tomorrow.