Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Selling Diamond Resorts Timeshare (by Alex M.):

I only just bought my timeshare in March of 2013 and already looking to sell!! This is a horrible company I haven't even used it yet. They told me I could use my points toward airfaire, when I went to book my vacation to california in April 2013 DRI said I was past the "cutoff" and can not use my points toward airfaire. Anyway the ended up making an exception seeing as how we just bought in our Vegas vacation 2 weeks prior. Fast forward to today, they have withdrawn our 4000 points that we allocated toward the airfaire and are not sending us the cheque they promised. Every phone call is ours, they keep transfering my around, everything is COMPLICATED and DIFFICULT.

I aslo called sellmythimesharenow.com the guy, Andrew I think, said it was a "guaranteed sell" and asked me to pay $1200 up front.... Should I go for it?

Did you end up selling your timeshare? if yes please tell me how, and hopefully it'll be somewhat close to the amount I paid.

Thanks for your help

tanyas116 wrote:
I'm disheartened at what i'm reading. Basically, you cannot sell your timeshare. I bought a "half" a timeshare at $10,000 which equates to 2,500 points per year. (and by Steve C. who was mentioned above) My point balance is 5,000 and i just found out if you don't use them yearly, you LOSE them!!! Just like if you don't call around June to roll over points you didn't use, you'll lose those. what i find funny, is they have no problem reminding you that you owe your yearly maintenance fee. I'm so disgusted. I was considering not paying the maintenance fee anymore; but, that means they'll ding my perfect credit. AND i lost $10,000. Seems like a lawsuit could be in order. They are bullies.

and yes, i called sellmytimesharenow.com and ALMOST paid them the $1,800 to sell my timeshare until i did more research. and they're from Dover, NH! where i'm from! (doesn't make a difference but what a small world) Now they won't stop calling me even after i told them 'hell no!'

any advice?