Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Diamond Resorts enormously increases the cost of Maintenance/Reserves on their resorts. (by Joyce B.):

I just looked at my statement from Diamond Resorts and I am not a happy camper at this point. The fees increased $42 from 2012 to 2013.. that isn't so bad. But today the fee is $1975.44 for 2014, an increase of $117 on 11,000 points. This is bad, very bad. They didn't warn me of this huge spike in fees when I was listening to the "Owner Update" in April. The salesperson asked us how we liked our timeshare. We said we loved it, and that we were very happy with the Club. I told her I could rent a week to someone else and have points left over to reserve our own vacation. She was not happy about that at all!! She gave me a remark of "oh, so you're a little travel agent at your kitchen table", etc. Then she basically threatened us, and said renting to others was against the rules, and that we could be kicked out of the Club and Diamond Resorts if we continue to rent out our timeshare weeks. (Yeah, we could be so lucky). And now our fees have increased.. I guess they want to be sure to get part of the rent money I'm raking in.. RedWeek.. did you know it's against Diamond Resorts rules to rent out our timeshare on your website? What a load of horse hockey.