Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Diamond Resorts, fraudulent billing, inaccurate record keeping (by Susan I.):

davidk689 wrote:
I have not one good thing to say about DRI. What they do may be legal by virtue of cozy relationships with politicians, but they are truly an evil, predatory company.

That said, I fail to see how your could be "forced" to convert your deeded unit to points. I am a deeded owner, and yes they tried to pressure me into converting, but I just sat through their interminable bs session, kept telling them I was not interested, and took their "gift" at the end. Since I am retired and have plenty of time on my hands I enjoy wasting their time and taking their so-called gift. Just don't engage with their sales tricks and keep saying no, no, no. They can't make you do anything.

lindah943 wrote:
After owning a biannual at Los Abrigados since 2000, DRI forced us into a points position and increased maintenance fees from $393 for 2011 to $584 for 2014. DRI also failed to make clear that bi-annual usage was no longer available unless owners banked points for two years nor have they provided "rates" for various other properties supposedly available for exchange. Numerous phone calls have been ignored and I feel strongly that DRI's ethics are questionable and their management style certainly not conducive to good owner relations. I have owned timeshare properties for more than 20 years and this has been the MOST unsatisfactory experience ever.

We're in the same position - deeded week for every other year. DRI refuses to acknowledge the deed and put us into their point system against all protests from me. I will now take us 4 years worth of points to get into the last resort in Belize we easily traded our 1 deeded week for in 2009. The amount they assigned is inadequate to trade for almost anywhere and, of course, there's the skyrocketing fees. I was told by a woman in the "Hospitality" division (what a joke) that all we are entitled to is enough points for 1 week in Sedona at their now outdated, run-down, mold in the bathrooms resorts, which are in reality nothing but 3 star, max, hotels. I can be denied the week I pick and turn around and book the same accomodations on Hotels.com for LESS MONEY THAN I PAY IN FEES. I'm walking away, in spite of the threats of ruined credit and collection agencies.